About Made Safe
A CME Manitoba initiative, Made Safe provides health and safety services designed specifically for the needs of the manufacturing work environment. In partnership with SAFE Work Manitoba, Made Safe makes it easier for employers and workers to ensure workplaces are safe and productive. Guided by an industry-led safety council, the association offers training, access to events and resources, consulting and certification by manufacturers, for manufacturers.
Manufacturing safety for Manitoba
- Made Safe offers an extensive range of member services, including more than 30 training courses
- A safer industry means lower WCB costs for everyone – as much as 30 per cent based on historical data
- 70 per cent fewer lost time injuries
- 52 per cent sector participation in just six months
- 15 per cent rebate on WCB fees upon certification
- And much more!
Funded by a levy on WCB rates for participating rate codes, benefits include increased productivity, safer workplaces, industry-reduced WCB fees and a WCB rebate upon certification – more than offsetting the membership levy.
Stronger. Safer. Together.
To qualify for membership in Made Safe, 50 per cent or more of the payroll in a WCB rate code (or group of rate codes) must confirm support to WCB. Once the threshold is reached, any companies within that code, regardless of whether or not they have actively opted in, become members and are entitled to all Made Safe membership benefits.
Made Safe is overseen by an industry-led Safety Advisory Council — a dedicated group of individuals from a broad cross-section of manufacturing which includes manufacturing executives, safety professionals and workers. The council provides direction, determines programs and services, identifies priorities, allocates the budget and ensures an ongoing close connection to the industry.
Made Safe safety council members
- Ed Martin, Vice President Operations, Custom Castings – Chair
- John Unwin, Worker Co-Chair, Winpak
- Gary Glowa, President, Inkster Park Millwork
- Kent Davis, Safety Manager, New Flyer Industries
- Steve McCulloch, Corporate Safety Manager, Pollard Banknote Ltd
- Frank Schaefer, Operations Director, Décor Cabinets
- Dani Desautels, Health & Safety Manager, Price Industries
- Colin Welch, Logistics EHS Manager, Chemtrade
- Robert Tetreault, Safety Manager, Standard Aero
- Warren Clark, Safety Manager, BEHLEN Industries
- Tom Kelso, Senior Manager, Quality Assurance and Employee Health and Safety, Boeing
- Darek Mikita, VP Manufacturing, Carte International
- Ron Koslowsky, Vice President, CME
- Neal Curry, Executive Director, Made Safe
- Steven Hnatishin, Program Manager, Made Safe
- Laura Farmaner, Portfolio Leader, SAFE Work Manitoba
IBSP Board of Directors
- Made safe is an initiative of CME Manitoba. See the full listing of the CME Board of Directors here.
Made Safe delivers professional safety services as the go-to resource for the manufacturing industry, enabling safe, productive, cost-effective work environments.
Made Safe will be recognized by and beyond the manufacturing industry as the leading safety organization in Manitoba. With responsive, effective services and a clear business proposition for safety, Made Safe will be actively engaged with the majority of manufacturers in Manitoba, leading to a demonstrated improvement in industry safety.