About Made Safe
A CME Manitoba initiative, Made Safe provides health and safety services designed specifically for the needs of the manufacturing work environment. In partnership with SAFE Work Manitoba, Made Safe makes it easier for employers and workers to ensure workplaces are safe and productive. Guided by an industry-led safety council, the association offers training, access to events and resources, consulting and certification by manufacturers, for manufacturers.
Manufacturing safety for Manitoba
- Made Safe offers an extensive range of member services, including more than 30 training courses
- A safer industry means lower WCB costs for everyone – as much as 30 per cent based on historical data
- 70 per cent fewer lost time injuries
- 52 per cent sector participation in just six months
- 15 per cent rebate on WCB fees upon certification
- And much more!
Funded by a levy on WCB rates for participating rate codes, benefits include increased productivity, safer workplaces, industry-reduced WCB fees and a WCB rebate upon certification – more than offsetting the membership levy.
Stronger. Safer. Together.
To qualify for membership in Made Safe, 50 per cent or more of the payroll in a WCB rate code (or group of rate codes) must confirm support to WCB. Once the threshold is reached, any companies within that code, regardless of whether or not they have actively opted in, become members and are entitled to all Made Safe membership benefits.